Thursday, January 16, 2014

Balance? Maybe this year.


"I've learned that you can't have everything and do everything at the same time." 
~Oprah Winfrey

This post is a part of 

Balance

  Balance. 
       Seek balance. 
                    Balance. 
                         Balance will bless you. 
                                            Achieve Balance. 

  Balance is great, if you can reach it.  I wonder if the striving of balance in life is what is needed more than actually reaching it. You know, that whole idea of the journey being greater than the destination. Does anyone ever get "balanced" anyway? 

  Life is all about choices. When I'm focusing on my daughter, my husband doesn't have my attention. When my husband has my focus, my daughter does not. When they both have my focus, not much is spent on myself. Choices. Is it about seeking this phantom-like goal of "balance", or is it about simply making wiser choices throughout our day? The best choice that you can make in each moment throughout your day. Hmmm.. I think I have my word for next week... Choices. 

  What does balance mean to you? Comment below to let me know your thoughts. 


Action Toward My Goals 

(Weekly Goal Update)

  1. Daily Devotional/Bible Reading - Going well. I am reading on my ipad before getting out of bed and it has been a great start to my day.
  2. Eat Better -  I am successfully using my Daily Health Tracker to keep count of my calories, and it is working.  
  3. Be More Active - I felt better this week and began working with Jillian Michaels courtesy of my Amazon Prime membership and the Instant Videos available. She is tough. Really tough. But I have completed them 3 out of 4 days so far this week. Two more to go to hit my weekly goal. I feel confident I can do this. I have to say, I really enjoy the comments that Jillian (yeah, sure, I'm on a first name basis with her) makes at the end of the videos. 
  4. Focus Computer Time - I'm getting there. Why does it seem that as soon as I can get organized, I give myself another project on the computer? At least this week's was fun and totally a family thing to do. 
  Now it is your turn. I invite you to join me in getting healthy or share with me how you have made your life healthier by joining my Healthy Life Linky Party. Healthy Life - whatever that means to you. I'm keeping this linky list open for the month of January and will have a new one for February. I will re-evaluate making it a shorter time, if it begins to fill up quickly. 

Linky Party "Rules" Requests:
I am thrilled that you stopped by and would love for you to participate in any and/or all of the ways that work for you, below: 

  • Join in by linking up a current or old post to our party. A post that shares about "getting a healthier life." This could be nutrition, exercise, simplifying your life, organizing your life, learning to say, "No," etc.
  • Top Request: Visit the blog in front of your on the linky and leave them a comment.
  • Comment below. Introduce yourself, if this is our first "meeting" and let me know how you found my blog. Need a writing prompt? Tell me how you are doing on your healthy journey. 


~Christine :)

8 comments:

  1. I am definitely Off Balance - - Time for my nap LOL ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life balance is a daily struggle right now.
    I had hoped as I aged I'd learn but the challenges change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) That is a good point. The challenges DO change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Balance is a continuous struggle. I think we struggle with difference issues relating to balance at different times in our lives. I think the first key is awareness - once we know when and what areas we are out of balance, we can start to make the changes we need to tip the scales in the right direction!

    Have a wonderful weekend Christine and thanks for sharing at Friendship Friday from A to Z!

    (P.S. Did you mean for the linky to be closed?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for letting me know the linky was closed! It is open now. Now to move my printables b/c dropbox shut me down due to too much traffic. This is why I try things on MY blog and not Stanley & Katrina's. :)
    As for balance, you are right, awareness is key! So thrilled to have you stop by and support this blog. I did my workout for today - yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine -What a great idea for a linky. Finding balance with parenting is something challenging I've been working on for a long time. My oldest is nearly 21!! The balance of consistency and kindness. Strength and compassion. Giving Direction and stepping back. It's a work in progress that's for sure. Gillyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilly! I am so thrilled to have you join in! Your blog is a gift to so many. Ah yes, you said that well. That Giving Direction and Stepping Back is a tough one for me right now. Every time I step back a bunch, I wonder if it was too much. Have a fantastic rest of the week!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and will be approved shortly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...